We are seeking a motivated and experienced Staff Specialist Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to provide Psychiatry specialist services to the Department of Psychological Medicine in a Sydney Eastern Suburb’s hospital. Join a well-supported team on a full time or part time basis.
Live near Australia’s most famous beach and enjoy wonderful coastal walks. Bondi’s lovely stretch of white sand is just one of the gorgeous beaches in the east, from harbour-side delights in Watsons Bay, Vaucluse and Double Bay to stunning ocean beaches south of Bondi such as Coogee Beach, a family favourite.
The hospital, located in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, is one of Australia’s leading specialist medical centres for children, caring for seriously ill and injured children from across NSW and beyond. The hospital provides a complex and comprehensive range of services in paediatric and adolescent medicine and surgery, treating children with conditions including cancer, trauma, congenital abnormalities, disabilities, heart disease and respiratory disorders.
Opening 5 years ago, the acute inpatient unit is an 8 bedded secure unit that provides specialised mental health care to young people between the ages of 12 and 18 years.
The position will ensure that clinical services are focused on delivering excellent clinical care to children and supporting their families. Clinical responsibilities include:
* Providing direct patient care, supervising the care provided by junior medical staff, and providing child psychiatric consultation to non-medical team members.
* All psychiatrists have admitting rights and are responsible for managing inpatients
* Providing safe, evidence based treatment is a key part of this role.
* Provide excellent clinical services to children and their families as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Participate in review and improvement activities, as well as training and education of staff.
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Kirsty Wiik on email@example.com or call on 0499 992 509